I'm a Scrap-a-holic. I have 2 kids, 3 grandbabies, and I married my best friend on June 7, 2011. I love scrapbooking, but also have other crafting passions, like sewing and quilting, crochet, and watercolor painting. I have a part-time job at Archiver's, more for the employee discount than for the paycheck. I love teaching other people about Scrapbooking and about new techniques and tools.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Engagement Page


I finally got my "engagement" page done. I don't think it needs any journaling. Everything kind of speaks for itself. I love the black and white look, but really wanted the hearts to pop, representing the vibrancy and boldness and the true color of our love. I love this page.

The flower is made from used dryer sheets, sprayed with my own custom-blended perfect pearl mist, with lace and 2 paper flowers. The dryer sheet was cut in strips, colored, the edges stickled, and then pleated onto a Gluber (I love glubers).





The hearts were cut from chipboard with my cricut, then simply covered with pink and Christmas red stickles. The red heart is adhered directly to the page, the pink heart is pop-dotted.




The letters are chipboard letters I bought at work. I painted them white with my Adironack paint dabber, then stamped random flourishes all over with black archival ink. I then stickled the edges with silver stickles and adhered them flat.




The rhinestone flourish is part of a prima set I got at work.




No comments:

Post a Comment